Monday, April 29, 2013

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY AT ELITE COMICS!

So, on May 3rd at 12:01am we are launching a fundraiser for this film, The Runaway Sun. It's going to be an Indiegogo campaign lasting 45 days. We absolutely cannot make this film without supporters like you. You complete us! If you're unable to back the project financially, you can totally help us by spreading the word at work and on Facebook and Twitter. We think we've come up with some really cool perks (DVD's, posters, space helmets, executive producer credit) to go along with our fundraiser. We hope you love them too!

If you're on the fence about making a big pledge, I'm free to talk day or night. Just message me (David Matheny) on Facebook and I'll get in contact with you. And I'd love to grab a drink with anyone who wants to get organized and help out with promotion!

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY


On May 4th, I'll be at Elite Comics in Overland Park promoting the film from 10am-5pm or so. With me will be the amazing comic and concept artist Kyle Strahm. For those of you who have never been to the Free Comic Book Day event at Elite, get ready to live. It's super fun. Lots of cosplay and lots of great deals on comics and trades. And hey, it's Free Comic Book Day, so there will be free comics!

Stop by and say hi to us! And don't forget to sign up for our concept art drawing. At the end of the day five people will walk away with some really cool signed prints by Kyle Strahm and Devin Koehler.

Little Lulu's Confections will also be there supporting the film. All profits from cookie sales will be donated to The Runaway Sun! If you have any cookie requests, message her on Facebook! I personally asked for Ninja Turtles cookies, but you can request anything you want. She just might make them.

Cookies by Little Lulu's Confections

 SPECIAL OFFER (MAY 4th ONLY)

Now are you ready for the cool part? If you back the film on Indiegogo by May 4th you can stop by Elite Comics and pick up a bonus print of concept art signed by Kyle Strahm. I also have a limited number of poster prints from my student film, MY STEPDAD'S A FREAKIN' VAMPIRE! Illustrated by the one and only Tony Moore (co-creator of the Walking Dead). They are from our festival tour and they are very limited. Less than 50 available. This offer is good on May 4th, 2013 only. Offer ends at 5pm or until they are gone. But the good news is both prints are free as long as you've backed the project on Indiegogo!

MSFV poster by Tony Moore (co-creator of The Walking Dead)
If you can't make it to Elite Comics for Free Comic Book Day and you've backed the project on Indiegogo, just e-mail me at therunawaysunfilm@gmail.com and let me know. I can set aside a few Tony Moore posters and a few Kyle Strahm prints for you to pick up later. But you have to notify me by Saturday before 10am.

I'm super pumped about this whole project and I hope to see a lot of people at Free Comic Book Day! May the 4th be with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment